A Message from Chief Henness
The Paris Police Department is committed to building relationships with community members while providing the highest level of service to keep our citizens safe. AS the Chief of Police, I will continue to provide and share our on-going efforts with the community in order to maintain and build public trust.
Community policing is at the heart of our organization and is emphasized at every level. Our community partnerships are established through the daily efforts of our officers and support staff to maintain the confidence of those we serve. Top priorities for members of the Paris Police Department are to foster relationships through dignity and respect, mentor young people and to solve neighborhood problems.
Policing in the 21st century has dramatically changed and the movement towards technology and better police practices has increased throughout the country. The Paris Police Department is dedicated to reaching the highest standards of professionalism through policies, procedures and training.
Lastly, I am excited about the future of the Paris Police Department and dedicated to our unwavering promise to keep our community safe while maintaining the trust of our citizens.
- Shop With A Cop since 1992
- PERK Mentoring Program
- Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- Cops ‘n Bobbers Fishing Day
- National Read a Book Day
- K-9 Presentations at Schools
- Handcuffs vs Hoses Charity Basketball Games
- Financial Identity Theft/Scam Presentations
- Youth Presentations Throughout the Community
- National Wild Turkey Federation-Jake’s Outing
- Local Business Safety & Security Presentations
- Sponsor of Multiple Youth Events Throughout Edgar County
211 West Washington Street