Currently, the Mayor and City Council provide policy direction and management of key city services. The City of Paris is governed by the Commission form of government. Under this form, voters elect a mayor and four commissioners at large to serve as the Council. Each commissioner has executive control over the department(s) assigned to him/her. A staff of nearly 100 full-time employees provides these services to residents.
Download: FY2016 Total Compensation
- Police and Fire Protection
- Street and Alley Maintenance
- Water Maintenance and Sewage Treatment
- Park Maintenance and Operations
- Code Enforcement and Building Inspection
- Craig Smith – Mayor
- Jerry Branson – Commissioner (Streets, Alley & Parks)
- Paul Ruff – Commissioner (Public Property)
- Drew Griffin – Commissioner (Fire, Public Health & Safety)
- Harry Hughes – Commissioner (Accounts & Finances)
- Michael Martin – Administrator
- Betsy Higginbotham – City Treasurer
- Fruin & Kash – Legal Counsel
- Brooke Newhart – City Clerk
Volunteers from the community serve on a number of committees that make recommendations to the City Council.
- Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Park Board
- Planning Commission
City Hall Posts
206 S. Central Avenue
City Clerk’s Office
PHONE: (217) 465-7601
MON-FRI: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
On behalf of the City Council, I want to welcome you to Paris. Whether you are a local resident or a visitor to our community, I hope that you find our website informative and helpful.
The City Council wants to provide assistance in meeting the needs of its citizens. We hope to continue our approach to open communication and feedback with you.
Council meetings are typically scheduled on the 2nd and 4th Mondays each month at 5:30 PM. Please contact the City Clerk for questions regarding the agenda. The Council encourages citizen comments at each meeting. All building permit applications must be submitted to the City by 12:00 PM on the Thursday preceding the Council meetings.
We will continue to meet challenges in providing effective public service and feedback to Paris Citizens.